Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Snapshot Three: My First Job

My first actual job in my life was a tutor. I teach English to Japanese children who is not able to speak English well since that is their second language. I go to their houses and work on their homework and basic conversations. Since I was involved in so many school activities, I could not get a job until the beginning of my senior year.

Life is an adventure; I would never know what is going to happen in my life. I always wanted to get a job but had no time to work, although one day, I had a call from a Japanese family. This family just moved from Japan and their son and I went to the same high school.

“I have two children, a freshman and a fifth grade. Could you tutor my kids and help them with their English?” Their mother called me, as my heart got rainbow. I was very happy and excited as I heard this.

On my first day of my actual job, I was a little bit nervous. Thinking like “I hope the kids are nice to me,” or “I hope they like me...” I entered their house. First thing we did was introduce ourselves.
“Hello, my name is Lisa. What is your name?” We started from here, and basic vocabularies, and some grammars.

I am still working as a tutor. I like my job because a boss does not control me to do stuff. As the kids learn their English, I feel like I am also learning by teaching them English.

2 comments:

  1. wow, so how ae the kids? Even though you are so busy with the school activities, you are still willing to teach them .Tha't really nice of you !

    ReplyDelete
  2. It most be hard for you to get the time to teach the kid and it is really nice of you to do that.

    ReplyDelete