Thursday, October 15, 2009

My First Job


One of my first jobs was a Customer Service Representative. I was excited and nervous at the same time because I didn’t know what to expect. It’s my first day of training and here I am looking like I am lost, because the training took place in a class room where I felt as if I was in school all of a sudden. Training went on for about a month and after that it was a job on hand. It was time to take calls and experience the true reality of what customer service is all about. When I first started this job, I was thinking to my head that it was a simple job and I would be sitting around taking useless calls and stuff. But boy did I realize it was a very hard and frustrating job. People would be calling out and yelling out some very inappropriate names that I don’t wish to repeat.
Callers would just call and as soon as I say hello, they would shout “If you don’t stop giving me these ridiculous calls I will personally come and kill you with my bare hands.” See by this time I got used to hearing things like this.
So I would just say “Miss or Sir let me explain,” but as the usual they would hang up and end up calling again. I quit that job after working there for about four months. And I said to myself I would find a better job.

No comments:

Post a Comment