Thursday, November 5, 2009

Journal Nine: The influence of pop culture on a person


The American popular culture most influences me through movies and television shows because I find it enjoyable. I am a frequent member of Blockbuster and enjoy watching movies. The movies I most enjoy are generally comedies, romance comedies, drama, and movies that have meaning. There is a movie that stick out most in my mind that has influenced me. The movie is "Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story". "Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story" is a movie with Cuba Gooding Jr. It is based on the true story of Ben Carson. Its about a young boy who lived in Detriot and struggled with school but once he got a pair of classes school was not such a struggle. This boy had dreams of becoming a neurosurgeon. He never gave up on his dream. This movie has influenced me, because this boy and man as you see him grow throughout the movie never gave up on his dream. When people would put him down and say he could not do it, he would fight harder. He had a hard life growing up in Detroit, but he never gave up on his dream. This has had an influence on me, because it shows me that dreams are obtainable no matter what circumstances you might have. I can have my dream all I have to do is fight for it. Here is the sight for more information on this movie. http://www.bvonmovies.com/2008/08/29/cuba-gooding-jr-to-play-dr-ben-carson-in-gifted-hands/

2 comments:

  1. I am suprised i have never seen heard about this movie before. Cuba Gooding Jr. is awesome. He was really good in Pearl Harbor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never watched that movie and I think it's good that this movie inspired and motivates you to go for your dream !

    ReplyDelete