Thursday, November 5, 2009

Journal 9


It is undeniable that popular culture is probably the most influential factor concerning our lives especially now; on account of the fact that we constantly immerse ourselves in it with our technology. One of the biggest influences in my life has always been movies. There is literally no media like it and no more effective media when it comes to influencing the minds of young people. Without a doubt the most inspiring movie I have seen so far would have to be Whisper of the Heart. It is a film that was licensed from studio Ghibli by Disney. It is the story of a young middle school girl growing up in Japan and discovering herself as a writer. From the moment I watched it I felt compelled to write my own stories. I connected greatly with the main character of the story, and could really relate to a lot of the same problems that I and my friends had when we were in middle school. A lot of times animated films are stereotyped as being childish or more for younger audiences. But this not the case with this movie it is rated G but I found it would be more suitable for teenage to adult viewers because of the themes and tone of the story. http://www.tcm.com/thismonth/article.jsp?cid=114169&mainArticleId=114160

No comments:

Post a Comment