Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Memories

Hi, I am Lindsey Robson. I was born in Melbourne, Florida, in 1991. From the age of one till now, I have grown up in the small villiage of Ashley. It contains maybe 1500 people in the village and the surrounding areas. I attended and graduated from Buckeye Valley High School. A small country school just outside of Delaware. While in high school, I decided to attend the Delaware Area Career Center. They had a health technoligies program there which caught my interest. This helped me to decide what I would major in college. I am attending The Ohio State University and majoring in nursing, inparticular the labor and delivery field. In my free time, I enjoy being in the outdoors, camping, riding quads. I also enjoy watching movies at home, going to the movies, dancing, and bowling.



My strongest memory from 109.01 would be our class dissussion. I enjoyed how as a class we would sit together and discuss what we were reading. In high school, it wasn't like that we would all sit at our desks and only a few people would talk. It has helped me to be comfortable with talking as a group. In 109.01, I also learned new things about the writing process. Invention is a vital part of the writing process. It helps you to get some ideas establish and then pick from those ideas. I never did this in high school. I just would write about the first thing that popped into my head. I grew in this class especially in the area of creative writing. I enjoy writing now, whereas before i hated writing. It didn't matter what writing it was, academic or creative, i hated it. I can now say that I actually enjoy.



I chose the piece of writing, Snapshot Seven. The one where we talked about our favorite song and why it was our favorite song. I picked this piece because it stands out most in my mind about my everyday life and its about music which is a part of most college students life. The inspiration for this piece was my mother and the song "Don't Forget to Remember Me" by Carrie Underwood. There is a theme with all of the creative writing that we have done. In all of them, we have written about things or people that have had an affect on our life. This theme is seen also in this piece which i think is important.




"Don't Forget to Remember Me"


Carrie Underwood was on American Idol.


She is one of my favorite country singers.


"Don't Forget to Remember Me" is one of her popular songs.


I like to listen to all kinds of music. I think the best kind of music, however, is music that has meaning or tells a story. It makes it seem more related to life and allows people to make connections to things in their life too. There is a song that has stuck with me since it came out in 2005 and now seems very vivid in my mind. The song is "Don't Forget to Remember Me" by Carrie Underwood.


This song is about a girl who has grown up and is now leaving home. She sings, "Eighteen years have come and gone, for mama they flew by but for me they drug on and on." She is saying good-bye and moving on with her own life. She doesn't want her family to forget her. This song means a lot to me, because I am at that stage in my life now. I'm ready to leave home. Every time I hear this song I think about how it will be when I do eventually leave, if mom and I will stay as close as we are now. It tells of the relationship she has with her mom which is most similar to mine. She sings, "Hey Mama don't forget to tell my baby sister I'll see her in the fall and tell Mee-Mal that I miss her yeah I should give her a call and make sure you tell daddy that I'm still his little girl yeah I still feel where I'm supposed to be but don't forget to remember me." This is probably one of my favorite songs and my mom's too. This song has had a great influence on me to not be afraid to leave as they will remember me.



























No comments:

Post a Comment